Sunday, March 15, 2020

Nearpod in the Science Classroom (and out)

This week is sort of crazy in the P-12 classroom throughout the U.S. My boyfriend teaches Marine Biology, and this week he is tasked with sending his students something to wrap up a unit on the Marine Food Web. On Thursday I taught his class, having students create Gyotaku (see Nearpod presentation to learn more), so I used the video from the presentation to create a full presentation that is "student paced" so that students can complete their projects while at home. This will both provide closure to the lesson and be a review of the unit. I used Nearpod for this presentation because I had used it previously in this class and learned how to make it more accessible for students to use outside the classroom--something that should be useful in the weeks ahead. I look forward to seeing what the student paced version provides in terms of student response. I am including some pictures of the gyotaku LJ's students created.

https://share.nearpod.com/vsph/7Cah4gBrMu

CODE: JELMG if you need it to access it.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Susan, I really liked your presentation. As you know, I also used Nearpod. I think next time I use it I will include some video. I was just experimenting with it after having watched yours. The more I spend time with this technology the less intimidated I become. I think I just spent so many years teaching college that I failed to realize to potential for lesson-enhancing software in the classroom. It's really come a LONG way. Keep up the great work!

Unknown said...

Unknown was STANLEY FERRELL.