Monday, March 2, 2020

My *almost* first attempt at movie making...

I told my 7 year old I had to make this movie for class, and she insisted on helping. In fact, she knew how to make a movie on my phone with iMovie. She planned out the video--a promo for Project Purr in Mobile, Alabama.

iMovie is SUPER easy! I was completely intimidated about needing to make a movie/do a voice over/include pictures/use multiple takes...but iMovie makes it easy.

Until now the main experience I have had is with helping film edTPA videos for student teacher interns (and those can't be pieced together--they are all one take).

I enjoyed this, and now Alex (my daughter) wants to start her own YouTube channel.

Check it out!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1L4R5IpuS74aM-DR234ypQZRhw9ww3oNZ

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You and Alex did a great job. I really enjoyed watched all the cats. I too was very intimidated about having a create a video. After viewing yours I wish I would have used IMovie to do my video. It looks like it would have been a lot easier then the web based program that I used.

Unknown said...

This movie is such a good of a "day in the life" kind of thing. I really enjoyed it. I think it was very realistic and I just imagined that children of her age group would likely respond very positively. Honestly I was inspired to go and do something similar with my daughter. She is always wanting to be involved and go do things. She's much more outgoing than I am, but this video is just the sort of thing that she likes to do. Also: Alex is VERY articulate and it is obvious she is extremely well-mannered and SUPER bright. You're doing a great job!

Unknown said...

The first response is from Catherine Johnston.

Unknown said...

The second response is from Stanley Ferrell

Spencer Potter said...

A very well made video! Anything that has to do with cats is going to get my attention fairly easily. I like how you and Alex decided to use this opportunity to tell us about a good cause, and definitely think she should start a Youtube channel!